Landsmót 2018 is searching for helpful volunteers for various jobs during the tournament held in Reykjavík 1-8. July. The team is looking for people with enthusiasm and a positive mind, people who are willing to help them make Landsmót 2018 the greatest yet!
Text: Hilda Karen Garðarsdóttir (Landsmót press manager)
Landsmót is one of the biggest sports events held in Iceland and for everything to run smoothly it requires many efficient hands. Landsmót will be held at the show
grounds of Fákur horse club in Reykjavík where we will raise an entire village for a week dedicated to the Icelandic horse.
We offer you:
- Free of charge entrance to Landsmót.
- Free of charge meals while working.
- Merch labeled Landsmót 2018
- If our chief of staff thinks you have done a good job you will be able to get recommendations from us, if requested.
- Volunteers can camp in a secluded, quiet area with access to toilets in a short walking distance from the competition area.
Our conditions are:
- That you have a burning enthusiasm for your work and that you will be able to enjoy yourself, while working for Landsmót.
- That you are 18 years or older.
- Speak fluent English.
- You must be prepared to take on various jobs, given to you by the volunteer’s team leader.
- The minimum work is 3 x 6 hours shifts during Landsmót. That means that you have to work at least 18 hours during the Landsmót week.
- You will have to attend an information meeting where you will be told about the work and the schedule during the event. The volunteer’s team leader will decide how the shifts will be dealt out.
There is always room for helpful hands and if you are interested in joining us and if you fulfill the conditions above we welcome you to our team. Please apply to the volunteer’s work through this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Any further questions about the volunteering can be sent to this mail as well.
Further information can be found on the Landsmót web
See you at Landsmót 2018!